To what extent do other parents and their parenting habits affect your parenting decisions?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Libman, May 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Q6. To what extent do other parents and their parenting habits affect your parenting decisions?

Share your thoughts in the comments below for your chance to win our Premium Bathroom Prize Pack, including the Premium Bowl Brush & Caddy, Premium Plunger & Caddy and Big Scrub Brush.

AngelaNicole likes this.
  2. Regal Pepper

Regal Pepper Member

Not at all! I parent the way it works for me!

Amanda and tiffany cheung like this.
  3. Tiffany Dover

Tiffany Dover Member

Typically none at all unless I think what they're doing is a great idea!!! Some parents come up with the greatest ideas!!

Libman and tiffany cheung like this.
  4. cmlgill

cmlgill Member

I honestly try to examine mine own before looking at others because comparision never gets you anywhere. However, if I see a genuinely great idea, I'll adjust it to fit my families needs and see how it works out. Since every family is different I think it's important to brainstorm off of others instead of copycatting.

5. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

A6: None at all. After my first child was a couple years old, I realized REAL quick that every parent has a different parenting style. #CleaningAsAFamily

6. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

Q7 Greatly....i think it always depends on whether you AGREE or DISAGREE everyone has their own parenting style.

Amanda likes this.
  7. Depends, if it's a good "hack" or tip I'd do it also! :)

Libman, cmlgill and Amanda like this.
  8. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

We usually do what works best for our family regardless of "suggestions", but if they have a great idea I definitely take their advice.

9. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

I look up to them because I love to utilize others ideas when I need help with a situation.

10. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

Perfectly said! #CleaningAsAFamily

Libman and cmlgill like this.
  11. Ashley

Ashley Member

I love to learn from other parents, I think it's a great way to learn what works and what doesn't.

Libman likes this.
  12. I parent the way I do. If I see something in another parent I like I try to incorporate that into mine

tiffany cheung likes this.
  13. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

A6) Every parent has their own set of rules/like and dislike for raising their children. Not everything "fits" with all children. I am observant of parental teachings and always have room to learn from others, as well asm be a teacher for them too. #CleaningAsAFamily

Libman and tiffany cheung like this.
  14. Not very much, children in my family are taught by the word of God. Sometimes parenting ideas and such will come from mom bloggers but for the most part, they are taught to love one another and be kind to all.

15. Thats so true!!

16. Libman

Libman Administrator

Congratulations, Amanda! You were randomly selected as the winner of our Q6 prize pack. We will send you an email shortly to get your mailing address.

Q7 has been posted!

Amanda likes this.
  17. congrats amanda!

18. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

Thank you!!! :)