Tips & Tricks

1. CUSTOMER TIP #122
    from Brian P. in Upper Arlington, OH

When your Libman dish scrubber gets dirty, simply run it through a regular wash cycle in the dishwasher, and it’s good as new. You can’t do that with those imports.
  2. CUSTOMER TIP #156
    from Sandy L. in Whiteland, IN

I use just the head of the Wonder Mop (no handle) to dust window blinds, large areas like the dining room table, and the tile around my whirlpool and fireplace. Just dampen the mophead a little and let it do the work!
  3. CUSTOMER TIP #157
    from Jennifer S. in Lenoir City, TN

When cleaning your antique carved furniture, a small brush (such as the Libman Kitchen & Vegetable Brush) dipped in a solution of soda water and baking soda cleans dust and dirt quickly and easily from the small crevices.
  4. CUSTOMER TIP #158
    from Michelle W. in Parkhills, MO

For scratches on your wood furniture, you can take the meat of a walnut or pecan and rub it into the scratch. The oils in the nut will cover the scratch.
  5. CUSTOMER TIP #159
    from S. P. in Naperville, IL

To dust furniture, use a car wash mit sprayed lightly with furniture polish. This is a fast way to dust since you have a lot of surface area on the mit and can use both sides. The mit can be dropped in the washing machine with your next load of whites and air dried.
  6. CUSTOMER TIP #160
    from Mary Ellen B. in Youngsville, LA

For those problem lamp shades, I use a whisk broom to clean them. There is no need to wet anything. Just be gentle. Try using the Libman All-Purpose Whisk Broom (#401).
  7. CUSTOMER TIP #161
    from Stacy M. in West Plains, MO

Take the glass light bulb covers off ceiling fans and chandeliers and stick them in the dishwasher. They come out sparkling clean, and it’s less work for your tired hands.
  8. CUSTOMER TIP #162
    from Judy O. in Newark, OH

I use my Wonder Mop (#2000) to clean the undersides of the computer desk, wooden chairs, etc. There’s a lot of nooks and crannies that I can’t get to unless I use the many cleaning surfaces of the Wonder Mop. It is a great mop and duster for hard to reach areas!
  9. CUSTOMER TIP #163
    from Sandra D. in Newburgh Heights, OH

To clean vases with small openings, rinse out the inside of the vase and add any brand of toilet bowl cleaner. Let it set for 10 minutes and the stain should rinse right out!
  10. CUSTOMER TIP #164
    from Crystal B. in Okeechobee, FL

When cleaning your fireplace, spread newspapers on the hearth and mist them with water. Using your Libman Duster Brush (#233), brush the ashes onto the dampened newspapers. The ashes will stick to the newspapers and you won’t have ash dust on your furnishings.
  11. CUSTOMER TIP #165
    from George C. in Eagle River, AK

One day while working at a gold mine in Alaska, I was attempting to remove permanent magic marker from a table when an old miner walked up and said I needed to use “Off” insect repellent. I was amazed at the instant results as the ink literally ran off of the surface of the table.
  12. CUSTOMER TIP #166
    from Cheryl P. in Fayetteville, NC

Instead of using bleach when your countertops get dingy, use salt and a lemon half. Pour the salt on your countertop and use the lemon as a ‘sponge’. It works like a charm and it’s eco-friendly! After you’re through, toss the lemon half down your disposal...it freshens it up.
  13. CUSTOMER TIP #237
    from Lori E. in Etters, PA

One of the best things I’ve found to clean the TV screen is a new dryer sheet. It catches all the dust and is an anti-static.
  14. CUSTOMER TIP #238
    from Kristie B. in Columbus, OH

Need to clean your curling iron? Use a mixture of vinegar, salt and lemon juice. It works great for removing hairspray build-up!
  15. CUSTOMER TIP #239
    from Jenny C. in Pasadena, CA

Want to get rid of hard water deposits, but don’t have any commercial products handy? Try using plain white vinegar. Works well for soaking faucet heads. Since vinegar is edible, you can also use it safely for coffee makers!
  16. CUSTOMER TIP #240
    from Gin B. in Long Beach, NY

If you want a fresh smell in your house, put an air freshener tablet in your vacuum cleaner canister. When you vacuum, the entire house will smell wonderful. No more odors!
  17. CUSTOMER TIP #241
    from Tammy T. in San Antonio, TX

To clean coffee pots and other glass kitchenware, sprinkle liberally with baking soda and scrub with a warm Libman Kitchen Cloth (#68). Rinse with warm water and it will sparkle like brand new!
  18. CUSTOMER TIP #242
    from C. T. in Raymond, NH

To clean baked on spills from your drip pans, use a mixture of cream of tartar and vinegar and wipe with a sponge.
  19. CUSTOMER TIP #243
    from Nancy A. in Gahanna, OH

To remove a spot from the oven caused by a pie or casserole dish running over, first let the oven cool, then place a cloth on the spot and saturate it with household ammonia. Let soak 2 hours, then rinse.
  20. CUSTOMER TIP #244
    from Stephen A. in Budd Lake, NJ

To get rid of oven cleaner fumes, bake citrus peels in the oven at 350 degrees.