Share your favorite cleaning tips and tricks.

Discussion in 'Cleaning Chat' started by Libman, May 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Here is tonight's last question:

Q10. Share your favorite cleaning tips and tricks.

Share your tips in the comments below for your chance to win our Multi-Purpose Living Room Prize Pack, including the Microfiber Duster, Window Squeegee and Every Surface Microfiber Cloth Pack.

2. a10 give the kiddos the little swiffer and have them reach the hard to reach low places :)

3. baking soda works wonders to clean with and give the kids a duster they love to dust

4. Regal Pepper

Regal Pepper Member

Don't insist on perfection and give lots of praise!

Amanda, Libman and tiffany cheung like this.
  5. Tiffany Dover

Tiffany Dover Member

Q10 make a list! Stick to one room/area at a time. Don't start on one thing and move to another before finishing what you're currently doing. enlist family to help! The faster you get it done the faster everyone can do something fun!

Amanda, Libman and tiffany cheung like this.
  6. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

A10 -- I like to use microfiber clothes instead of paper towels because they are more effective - both in terms of cost and reliability! #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda likes this.
  7. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

A10: I clean top to bottom, vacuuming is always last! And I never start on another room until finishing the first one. I also have a little caddy I carry around, so I don't have to stop and go get what I need. #CleaningAsAFamily

8. cmlgill

cmlgill Member

Do it often and it'll be no big deal!

tiffany cheung and Libman like this.
  9. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Another good cleaning tip is to clean often! Yes it may sound like a chore at first, but in the long run you'll be thankful that you won't have to do one of those massive all day cleaning sprees before the in-laws make their trip!

Scrappiedoodle likes this.
  10. tackle one room at a time! we have a cleaning caddy to bring all the things we need for each room!

11. I use dawn mixed with vinegar and lemon essential oil to cut through soap scum on my glass shower doors!

tiffany cheung and Amanda like this.
  12. Scrappiedoodle

Exactly! If stuff starts to pile up, I don't wanna deal with it, so important to stay on top of it! Plus, I get a sense of pride, too! :) #CleaningAsAFamily

13. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

I try to follow the rule if something is in the wrong room just go and toss it in the room it belongs, and go straight back to cleaning where you were. Otherwise I am cleaning all over the place, and not one room looks finished after I am tired. I used to have baskets to just toss things in then walked them to the room they went in after the cleaning was finished.

14. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

I use a mixture of white vinegar and water to clean hardwood floors. I use a dryer sheet to clean fan blades to get the dust off. I also sweep twice a day because I have a baby who crawls all over the floor. Got to keep clean!

Amanda and Scrappiedoodle like this.
  15. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A10 Open those windows, once you start dusting and cleaning that bit of fresh air will be great #CleaningAsAFamily

16. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

A10.) Don't expect a child to do an adult type of task. When criticizing, do so lovingly. Always give praise and rewards. Mistakes happen. And ALWAYS give hugs upon completion and a big "YAY", especially---if they are under at a young age!!! There's nothing like seeing your child SMILE and PROUD of their accomplishments!! #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda and cmlgill like this.
  17. Scrappiedoodle

Defintely! All great tips! Dryer sheets on baseboards keep dust off, too! :) #CleaningAsAFamily

Angela Hendricks likes this.
  18. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

OK... I looked at the question wrong. Charge it to my head and not my heart!

tiffany cheung likes this.
  19. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

It works amazingly :)

20. I had no idea about the dryer sheets. Going to try that

Angela Hendricks likes this.