Q9. What is one piece of parenting advice you would give?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

You know what they say: It takes a village to raise a child. What is one piece of parenting advice you wish you had known?

AngelaNicole and Avis Tucker like this.
  2. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A9 Unplug yourself and your family and spend quality time enjoying each other #cleaningasafamily

lynda, Libman, ChristinaC08 and 2 others like this.
  3. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

A9 Be patient, and try to have fun with cleaning so your kids won't hate it #CleaningAsAFamily

4. Jen M

Jen M Libman Family Blogger

Let them be little. <3

5. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A9 Don't feel like you need to be superman/woman. Ask for help and you be surprise how much everyone will like to help out.

Libman and Pamela Mosher like this.
  6. AMarieL

AMarieL Member

Just one? Teach your kids to clean with you when they are young. You'll get to spend more time with them while teaching them how to clean.

Pamela Mosher and Tiffany Stiles like this.
  7. Have fun in everything you do.

Kenneth Chevalier likes this.
  8. Meena R

Meena R Member

Take it all in stride. Kids will be kids and while it's important to make sure to discipline when needed, it's also important to just let go and have some fun sometimes. Don't sweat the small stuff and it will all be so much easier! #CleaningAsAFamily

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  9. lynda

lynda Member

Start early even with little silly things in the end they don't mind helping and later on its just habit and flows without a problem

10. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A9 Help your kids reach their dreams #cleaningasafamily

11. Oanh

Oanh Member

don't let them sleep with cellphone in the same room because they'll end up surfing the internet at night

Tiffany Stiles and Pamela Mosher like this.
  12. lynda

lynda Member

Well in my case that's how it worked out.

13. A9 - Electronics were not an issue when I was a kid. Now the kids have all manner of gadgets and that's okay as long as they respect family time.

14. Paige Henke

Paige Henke Member

Don't feel bad needing to venting to friends. Sometimes you need to let it out and your kids won't know. (As long as you do it when they are not around - work is perfect for this.... )

15. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

Q9: patience......remember that they aren't the co worker, boyfriend, friend, etc...children need to be TALKED to not scolded.

16. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

I like this question! A9) I wish I had known not to be so hard on myself when I first had my child. I am such a perfectionist and used to feel like I should have gotten more things done regarding household chores---only to realize now, for being a single parent, I did exceptionally well and then some! ;) #CleaningAsAFamily #High5ForSass!

17. ChristinaC08

ChristinaC08 Member

I'm guilty of this, but I really try...slow down and let your child/children help with small things. It's so easy for us to go about our daily routine and quickly empty the dishwasher, but kids want to help, at least my son does. It can be frustrating to stop and wait for them to put the silverware away or switch the laundry because it takes a bit longer or it isn't perfect, but it gives them joy and pride to do things like that. I have to remind myself constantly that my son is learning and these mundane tasks are actually exciting to him!

18. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Don't forget to have fun! It may be stressful at times, but when the times get tough, take a step back and a breather!

Marine Mama B likes this.
  19. Paige Henke

Paige Henke Member

Needing to vent*

Avis Tucker likes this.
  20. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

Don't give in. They have to follow the rules or face the consequences. If that means they are grounded during the time the spring dance rolls around, no dance. It usually only takes once. I do have a strong willed one, different tactics work on him. I won't wash his clothes, or do something for him. Eventually he will do it.

Libman and Avis Tucker like this.
  21. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

I agree, you need to have patience and an open mind

Marine Mama B likes this.