Q8. Does your family have any cleaning rituals?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

We’ve all heard of Spring Cleaning, but does your family have any other cleaning traditions or rituals?

Avis Tucker likes this.
  2. Paige Henke

Paige Henke Member

Not so much, as a kid we always cleaned on saturday morning, but I am not that organized...

Kenneth Chevalier likes this.
  3. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

Q8 Every spring we give the whole house and good thorough deep clean! Every room gets refreshed! #cleaningasafamily

Avis Tucker likes this.
  4. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A8 Start at the top and work your way down to the floor #cleaningasafamily

Amanda likes this.
  5. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A8- yes, pick up items...dusting ..vacuum/floor mopping

6. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

We like to share responsibilities, so nobody is stuck doing the "worst chore" every time, we throw all of the chores in a hat and draw out slips of paper, it helps keep things fair

Amanda, rose lew and AMarieL like this.
  7. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A8 We always listen to music as we clean #cleaningasafamily

Marine Mama B likes this.
  8. Oanh

Oanh Member

My mom always use this straw broom to sweep the floors sometimes and it annoys me because the bristles fall out and get stuck by the door.

Marine Mama B likes this.
  9. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

A8) My son has to mop a certain way and with bleach. He also scrubs the bathroom shower tiles a specific way. I'm like this---if that's what makes him happy and it gets the job done---I'm all for it. Mama is not complaining! ;) As for me, I have to make my bed up and have everything placed like I was showing it in a showroom. HA! #CleaningAsAFamily

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  10. AMarieL

AMarieL Member

This is a good idea. I'll have to remember this when my kids are older.

11. Meena R

Meena R Member

For some strange reason, my daughter loves washing dishes so she gets to do that. I love to cook so I choose that, but for other chores we like to take turns so no one gets left doing the chores no one wants all the time. #CleaningAsAFamily

12. A8 - Rituals might just be asking too much from my little ones.

13. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

Q8 yes....out with the old ...in with the new... and any dyi projects that we can finish. we also change around the bedrooms and living rooms. it's so awesome how things can look with a simple change.

14. A8 we always deep clean on Saturday's unless there is an event at which time we change days.

15. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

Well we have the usual Saturday speed clean. We do all get together before our first horse camping trip and clean up all the cooking, gear, and bedding.

16. Jen M

Jen M Libman Family Blogger

For Lent, we do the 40 Bags in 40 Days. We have a chart that we follow and everyday we go through a little section of the house (or office, car, etc.) with three brown paper bags (put away, donate, trash). It REALLY helps break things up and get rid of what we don't need.

[​IMG]

Amanda, @lesliebonton, Libman and 5 others like this.
  17. Avis Tucker

I have asthma, so I do mine quarterly, but I like the way you think! #CleaningAsAFamily

18. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A8 Work together as a team #cleaningasafamily

19. Avis Tucker

SMART!!! #CleaningAsAFamily

20. AMarieL

AMarieL Member

We have a whole house speaker system. When it's time run clean we turn on the radio throughout the house and dance while we clean. It makes the chores more fun. The Libman Wonder Mop makes a great Mic.