Q7. Share your pet cleaning tips & tricks.

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

We can’t talk about family without talking about our pets. What tips do you have for cleaning up after family pets?

2. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A7 Clean up mess ASAP to avoid smells or stains #cleaningasafamily

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  3. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

A7 As soon as there is an accident, clean it up right away! #cleaningasafamily

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  4. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Clean up often! Don't let messes like pet dander and fur get out of control. If you clean often, it will make it less stressful to clean up

Tiffany Stiles and Avis Tucker like this.
  5. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A7 Our fur ball is constantly shedding. We need to dry mop/ vacuum often

6. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

A7) Well... accidents do happen, so having a mop and sponges handy is always good. ;) If the pet hair gets everywhere, then I say vacuuming daily to keep it to a minimum is a must! #CleaningAsAFamily

7. I'm pretty lucky in that our 3 dogs are extremely-well house trained. What mess they do make from eating/drinking is a quick mop job and every thing is copacetic.

Avis Tucker and Tiffany Stiles like this.
  8. Jen M

Jen M Libman Family Blogger

A disposable diaper will soak up pet urine from upholstery or carpet while keeping your hands dry!

9. Clean daily especially if you have a hairy pet.

10. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A7 #cleaningasafamily wash their bedding often!

Avis Tucker and Amanda like this.
  11. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

We just clean up a mess right away, and we vacuum daily to keep the hair under control.

Avis Tucker likes this.
  12. Avis Tucker

Yeah... you gotta keep the allergens and hair to a minimum... #CleaningAsAFamily

13. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

a7- i recommend cleaning AS SOON as it happens. We "blot" the area using a paper towel then finishing with baking soda and warm water to remove any stains and smells.

Marine Mama B likes this.
  14. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

Please..... I am continuously sweeping up behind them. Cowboys and dogs leave a lot of dust and dirt. The kitchen floor is the worst. I can't keep it clean. It seems like when I mop I'm just spreading dirt, after I sweep. It seems to grind in my old linoleum.

15. Oanh

Oanh Member

I agree, our dog sheds a lot so we vacuum often

itsbecslife and Avis Tucker like this.
  16. Paige Henke

Paige Henke Member

Any messes are cleaned up daily, we vacuum as much as time allows and the furry dog is brushed weekly with a brush that reduces hair.

17. Avis Tucker

Yes! You have to keep the hair down to a minimum... ;) #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda likes this.
  18. Oanh

Oanh Member

Vacuum and clean the floors often so outside dirt don't stay inside for long

19. ChristinaC08

ChristinaC08 Member

We have a dog and used to have carpets. When she had an accident we used to always use a spot remover to get the stains out. We would spray it on and let it soak in for at least 5-10 minutes before we would put a bunch of paper towels down on top. I would step on top of the towels to get them to soak up all the liquid before getting more towels and really scrubbing. I also shampooed the carpets every 3 months or so to keep them looking decent.

Amanda likes this.
  20. Pamela Mosher

Pamela Mosher Member

Oh is THIS a good topic for me! I've got 7 cats & 2 dogs. Can you say pet hair? lol I find a dust mop does a good job at keeping the hair controlled. Cat puke - now that's another story altogether. They are sneaky about it too, leaving it for me to find...sometimes the hard way. :mad:

Amanda, ChristinaC08 and Avis Tucker like this.