Q6. How do roles & responsibilities change during summer vacation?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

As school lets out and we head into summer, how do roles and responsibilities change around your household?

AngelaNicole and Avis Tucker like this.
  2. A6. My kids get more chores during the summer because they make more messes.

Kenneth Chevalier likes this.
  3. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A6 The kids have more cleaning duties #cleaningasafamily

4. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

Q6 My six year old is given more responsibilities, like loading the dishwasher and helping with laundry.

5. A6 - Summer schedule is much more relaxed but still in effect. The more responsibility I give my kids the more I see get done in a timely manner.

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  6. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A6- If we are away, then its vacation from chores lol...but once we get back we stick to our routine

7. AMarieL

AMarieL Member

My kids are only 1 and 4 so we don't have any changes during the summer. Honestly, we are outside more so they create less of a mess during the summer.

8. Jen M

Jen M Libman Family Blogger

Since my kids are not school aged yet and my husband and I work full time, nothing really changes! The only chore that gets added to the bunch is tending the garden, which the kids love to help with. Though we end up with a few extra holes and mud pits than the plan originally called for, we love spending time outside together.

No lie, thank goodness for the Libman Wonder Mop to clean up all that tracked in mud. Do they make a kid-scrubbing version?! ;)

9. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

A6) more chores are added to the household because now that the kids are out for summer....i'm able to work harder.

Tiffany Stiles and Amanda like this.
  10. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

Definitely have more time myself to deep clean and organize problem areas since we homeschool. The kids usually go through things and decide what to donate and what to sell. We get our "spring cleaning" accomplished in the summer.

Tiffany Stiles and Avis Tucker like this.
  11. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

I tend to get out of my routine during the summer. I do what I can when I can. We are always outdoors. The kids have friends over more, so it seems I clean more. As long as everyone does something during the week, Sat. Cleanings aren't bad.

12. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

A6) This is a great question, because there is more time to make a mess and just as much to clean a mess. I feel like any "BIG JOBS" should be held down by any teenagers and the 'tweens and younger children, should have the chores divided age appropriately. Even divide the outside and indoor chores, as well. If there is a list made out for each week and for each child, it should be smooth sailing. #fingerscrossed! #CleaningAsAFamily

13. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A6 Since we spend more time at home we do more chores daily, to help keep our home clean #cleaningasafamily

14. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

The kids usually take on more responsibility during the summer months, because they are home more and of course make a bigger mess! Kidding aside, it's always nice to have the extra hands to help clean up.

Avis Tucker likes this.
  15. ChristinaC08

ChristinaC08 Member

They don't change, except for the extra sweeping and laundry from all the sand being brought into the house! My son knows that when he comes in soaked from playing in the sprinkler he needs to put his clothes in his laundry basket, and I typically have to sweep up the sand that trails in behind him! Other than that our routine doesn't change much because with him being so little there isn't really more chores for me to give him at this point.

16. Paige Henke

Paige Henke Member

My stepkids don't live with us during the school year so thighs definitely change in the summer.We are always trying to go through the kids stuff and get the chores done asap so we can spend time together. 6-8 wks goes by too fast.

17. Meena R

Meena R Member

My kids definitely get a few more chores. We have a garden so watering the plants are my kids job. When it comes time to harvest our veggies, I teach them which ones to pick and they pick. It teaches them so much and it's fun when we do it together as a family. #CleaningAsAFamily

18. Oanh

Oanh Member

They are responsible for folding their clothes and helping clean the backyard in the summer

19. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

I like that. I will be doing the donation box with my godchildren when school lets out/I visit for them to donate to children in need. #CleaningAsAFamily

20. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

They tend to "clean" out my refrigerator and pantry really well. Lol

Jen M likes this.