Q5. What is your family’s cleaning routine?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Do you have a strict cleaning schedule or a specific time of day you like to get chores completed? Tell us your family’s cleaning routine.

Paige Henke and Avis Tucker like this.
  2. A5 - We found that allowing the kids to schedule the day/time they do their chores makes it a little easier for them to commit.

Amanda likes this.
  3. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A5 Deep cleaning on Mondays, and daily tidying up #cleaningasafamily

Amanda and Avis Tucker like this.
  4. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

Q5 I like to do all my chores in the morning while the baby naps and my son is in school, but since school is out, my schedule is less strict and stringent with cleaning now .

Avis Tucker likes this.
  5. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

A5) I certainly want things done before noon, so as to still have my day. So, it's best to start after breakfast on Saturday and knock it all out. Weekdays... clearly, I'd want my child's bed made and floor cleared daily! ;) #CleaningAsAFamily

Marine Mama B and Amanda like this.
  6. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

Now I go through and sweep daily and mop once a week. Everyone pitches in on Sat. Before we do anything and get it done. During the week everyone takes turns with dishes and laundry.

Amanda and Avis Tucker like this.
  7. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

We like to start early, when it's typically cooler because that way you still have the whole second half of the day to head out to do something fun

Amanda likes this.
  8. AMarieL

AMarieL Member

I don't have a set routine. I make sure the kitchen is clean after every meal. I wash laundry through the week so it isn't all pulled up on the weekend. Toys get picked up before bed. Other chores are done on the weekends.

9. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

I agree, getting it done early is key

Avis Tucker likes this.
  10. Jen M

Jen M Libman Family Blogger

Oh boy.....routine?! We need one. Right now, it's very reactive and "get things done when you can." With two little tornados, it's the best you can do sometimes!

The most routine we do is before bed, all the toys and books need to go away, their play table gets wiped off, all stray sippy cups and snack bowls go in the sink - things like that. They enjoy this quick 15 minute clean up and it's been a part of their bedtime routine for a while now. They actually fight over who wipes down the sink after the inevitable teeth brushing flood!

11. Avis Tucker

I think Saturdays for many folks is that major cleaning day. I sweep daily too.. I can't stand no dirt on my kitchen or bathroom floors! #CleaningAsAFamily

Marine Mama B likes this.
  12. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

We have certain days that I like to get stuff accomplished. Like Tuesday is our big laundry day when I try to actually see the bottom of the clothes hampers (even though I do a load all the other days too to not get too far behind).

13. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A5- We usually aim for weekends to do our cleaning routines, more time away from work/school.It all about light cleaning and not waiting till there are loads to do.

14. Meena R

Meena R Member

We always do our chores on a Tuesday in terms of cleaning the house. Laundry is done more on a need to basis (3-4 times a week) and dishes everyday. Chores are shared in our house so it's really not too bad. #CleaningAsAFamily

15. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

A5 usually the weekend. love kids to focus more on school work during the weekdays. around the afternoon on the weekend we start from living room, bathroom, to bedroom.

Avis Tucker likes this.
  16. ChristinaC08

ChristinaC08 Member

We don't have a routine, but we definitely need to implement one. I've tried several calendars and different methods and I just haven't stuck with any of them. Typically I do laundry and dishes daily, and also sweep the floor as needed throughout the day. Other than that I'd say every other room is done once per week roughly.

17. Avis Tucker

I feel like if your cleaning late afternoon... your day is shot. As we all know... weekends go by faaaaaaaaaaaaaast!! ;( #CleaningAsAFamily

18. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

Great idea!

19. Avis Tucker

Two little tornados... Bless your heart! #CleaningAsAFamily

20. A5 daily pick up but Saturday Deep cleaning is our routine.