Q4. How do your kids react to doing chores?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

They are not fond of them, but my 8 years old just gets em done. My 5 and 3 year old ...not so much . Grrrrr

Libman likes this.
  2. lynda

lynda Member

They dont do that bad. They get if they want something they need to earn it and chores which mine don't have many will help them get what they want.

3. Libman

Libman Administrator

itsbecslife likes this.
  4. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that with us! It really is great to make it a positive experience, rather than something that is dreaded

Libman likes this.
  5. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

Lots of griping and being slow about it...except my 8 year old who has learned to just get it done already.

Pamela Mosher likes this.
  6. Pamela Mosher

Pamela Mosher Member

My son had several learning/emotional disabilities so unfortunately I had to work with him one on one when it came to doing anything with cleaning. He's a father now with a newborn and that seems to have shocked him into making a move in the right direction. He loves kids & esp his son.

Libman likes this.
  7. A4 my kids expect an allowance and if they do their chores on time and well they get one.

8. Libman

Libman Administrator

What has your experience been like with distributing allowances?

9. Well at first they expected to get an allowance no matter what. But once they starting slacking on their chores and not only did they not get an allowance but I didn't clean up after them they realized it was in their best interests to do their chores.

10. The only time they really mind is on Saturdays but they know I need the help and they want their allowances

11. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

My 8 year old can't wait to be an adult...I laugh and say you don't like doing chores now.....How many do You think I have?

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  12. @lesliebonton

@lesliebonton Member

Libman likes this.
  13. kaseyjames

kaseyjames Member

A4 my son loves chores he helps me whenever he sees me doing chores! I even got him his own cleaning set last year for his birthday #cleaningasafamily