Q3. How does your family turn cleaning into a game?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Pamela Mosher

Pamela Mosher Member

It's just me and the hubs (grandparents) and at our age I think we've tried it all. I find that if I tell the hubs company may be coming over (even if they aren't) it puts his butt into motion PDQ. lol :):p:D

2. Jen M

Jen M Libman Family Blogger

My 4 year old is on the spectrum and finds great enjoyment (and calm) in matching things, creating order, and generally putting things in their place. He's not always in the mood to do it (he's still 4 after all!!), but when he is, it's fun to play matching games with socks or silverware or sorting toys back into their bins by color or number.

Pamela Mosher likes this.
  3. Beyond racing to see who can finish first and singing I do not think we do.

4. Pamela Mosher

Pamela Mosher Member

My son had/has learning disabilities (amongst other things) and I feel you!

Jen M likes this.
  5. lynda

lynda Member

OK...I checked it out. My kids all have their own stuff for cleaning and they know how we want things we started that with them when they were little we only ask of them the couple things mentioned because they are almost 11, 10 and almost 6 they all on their own pitch in and help my almost. 6 year old loves to sweep mop and vacuum the other to pitch in and try to fold laundry load and unload dishwasher wash by hand what is necessary...we don't ask them to they just do it now when they were little little and asked if they could help. We let them knowing later on it would help with chores.

6. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

haha---it works!

Kenneth Chevalier likes this.
  7. We always have music playing and at times we have dance battles to keep the momentum

Jen M likes this.
  8. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

We turn into a race!

9. @lesliebonton

@lesliebonton Member

With music! We love to sing & clean!

10. kaseyjames

kaseyjames Member

A3 my son likes to use his imagination. . So we do things as a story. I enjoy it too time goes by quick and fun!!