Q3. How does your family turn cleaning into a game?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Turning chores into a game can be a great way to make cleaning fun for the whole family. How does your family turn cleaning into a game?

Avis Tucker likes this.
  2. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A3 With music #CleaningAsAFamily

Avis Tucker and Amanda like this.
  3. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

We usually race the clock especially if we have compnay coming over and stuff needs to be put away quickly. =)

Jen M and rose lew like this.
  4. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

A3 I actually could use some help in this area, in order to make it more fun

5. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

We like to throw a little friendly competition into our cleaning, it's fun seeing who can complete cleaning their assigned room first!

Amanda likes this.
  6. Erin Dear

Erin Dear Active Member

A3 Seeing who can pick up their stuff the fastest #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda likes this.
  7. Meena R

Meena R Member

We turn it into a spontaneous dance party. Dancing with our sweepers-check, jamming while vacuuming-check, singing with our spatulas while cooking-definitely! #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda likes this.
  8. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

q3: LOL we may have a list of several things to clean and play... "marco/polo" so we know where we are and what is being cleaned. so fun!

9. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A3-I would say who can do it the fastest, but then that would be reckless of me and the end results would be me cleaning up after them. We like to play so great music while we clean...like whistle while you work..

10. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

We love to dance and sing while we clean,. We see who has the best moves with their cleaning tool.

Avis Tucker likes this.
  11. Oanh

Oanh Member

works best when we all clean together and talk, joke around to make it move faster

Amanda likes this.
  12. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

A3). Well, kids always want to see who can beat who 1st. However, parents can give incentives to the 1st child finishing chores and "runner up" prize(s) for each additional kid, so as not to have them feel left out. #CleaningAsAFamily

13. Paige Henke

Paige Henke Member

I frequently make things into a competition. Who can get their's done first! It makes the kids rush, so may not be the best cleaning job but we all have fun doing it and it makes us all laugh while we are working hard.

14. A3 - The classic American way - we pay the kids to clean.

15. AMarieL

AMarieL Member

We either race to see who can clean more during a song on the radio or I see how much he can clean while i count. #cleaningasafamily

Kenneth Chevalier likes this.
  16. Libman

Libman Administrator

Amanda likes this.
  17. ChristinaC08

ChristinaC08 Member

I posted on another thread about my son matching up the socks while I fold laundry, so that is one game that he "plays" while I get the rest of the laundry folded. He loves collecting all of the socks out of the bin and even attempts to fold them together. Another way is we set a timer, typically 10 minutes and focus on one room. We try to clean up all the toys, and he has to help me put them away properly before the timer goes off. He loves racing against the clock!

Amanda likes this.
  18. lynda

lynda Member

Songs to go with the cleaning. When they were little now its if they really want something major from me they need to do what's asked

19. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

20. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

We turn up the music and set timers!