Q2. How do you motivate your family to complete household responsibilities?

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Libman, Jun 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

A great way to teach the difference between chores and expectations.

2. Libman

Libman Administrator

Win-win!

3. AMarieL

AMarieL Member

#cleaningasafamily

I will reward with a few extra minutes on His kindle or staying up later.

4. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

If they did their assigned chores all week they got the full amount. If it wasn't done or done properly it got deducted.

Avis Tucker likes this.
  5. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

Allowances definitely is a way to get children to do their chores for sure! #CleaningAsAFamily

6. Marine Mama B

Marine Mama B Member

If they didn't do chores and lost allowance, they also lost parties and dances.

7. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

Absolutely. You have to ration their pay. It shows them your stance and they realize they need to be more responsible/productive. I liked my money, so I did my chores! ;) #CleaningAsAFamily

Marine Mama B likes this.
  8. lynda

lynda Member

Something really fun at end of week...if nothing gets done and we have to do it all then we don't do something really fun.

9. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

No work....no fun activities. :) Ok maybe not exactly that harsh from my U9 crew but pretty darn close. There is a certain amount of chores we expect for being part of the family. Everyone does chores in the house. Some more that others (mommy) and some less ( 3 year old)

10. Special snacks and extended bedtime work wonders with my kids.

11. I'm the one that needs motivating. I finally gave up and hired a house cleaner. That helped a bunch

12. Pamela Mosher

Pamela Mosher Member

I'm beyond having kids - (granny now) but my husband pretty much qualifies as a kid and I have found it useful to bribe him with food/meals to get him to help clean up. The way to a man's heart is still through his stomach. lol

13. Jen M

Jen M Libman Family Blogger

Mine are little (4 years and 2 years) and haven't started asking for a reward necessarily. We give lots of praise for helping out with their "job" and emphasize how important their contribution to keeping the house running. I don't know if we'll move to a reward system as they get older - I guess it'll depend on them!

ChristinaC08 likes this.
  14. Libman

Libman Administrator

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  15. ChristinaC08

ChristinaC08 Member

We also try to use positive reinforcement and praise as the reward. My son responds to that so well and is so excited to hear that he did a great job wiping down the counters or doing this or that!

Jen M likes this.
  16. Libman

Libman Administrator

Need a new (and fun) way to assign chores? See how @Jen from the blog Four Marrs One Venus does it in her house with the "Chore Cootie Catcher".

17. I motivate them with an allowance and if they don't complete their chores they don't get one.

18. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

haha--isn't that the truth!

Pamela Mosher likes this.
  19. Echo Goodner

Echo Goodner Member

part family duties and others that they do beyond have a money amount assigned them, but they cannot skip their family duty chores to et to the money ones....1st things 1st!

Tiffany Stiles likes this.
  20. @lesliebonton

@lesliebonton Member

Rewards or bribes!!!