Tips & Tricks

1. CUSTOMER TIP #127
    from Janelle H. in Mont Belvieu, TX

Before mopping your floors, spray a little all-purpose kitchen cleaner or glass cleaner in the corners. The corner-trapped dirt will loosen easily. This is the same concept as pre-treating the extra dirty areas of your clothing before laundering!
  2. CUSTOMER TIP #128
    from Sheila C. in Palm Springs, CA

To remove scuff marks from the floor, sprinkle a little baking soda on the area, and with the brush side of the Nitty Gritty roller mop brush clean with no bending. Just give it a quick rinse and your floor is like new again!
  3. CUSTOMER TIP #130
    from Shirley B. in Fargo, ND

If you have stains or discoloration on your linoleum floors, try using denture cleaner. Mix with water until it makes a paste like consistency. Spread paste on stain and let sit for an hour. Then just mop up with your favorite Libman mop!
  4. CUSTOMER TIP #131
    from Lisa L. in Shawnee, OK

Lightly dampen your Libman Gator Mop, then place a used fabric softener sheet over the sponge portion. Voila! You now have an instant lint picker-upper...just like the expensive sweeper cloths!
  5. CUSTOMER TIP #132
    from Ercia H. in Oceanside, CA

When mopping a linoleum floor, I spray on a diluted cleaning solution, and scrub with a deck brush (scrub brush on a stick), and then use the Gator Mop to simply wipe behind. The gator mop wipes off the grime I just scrubbed off, but also soaks up the cleaning solution. Then I wring out the mop as I go into a “discard” bucket. It takes just a little extra time, but the floor is shinier because dirty water doesn’t sit on the surface and dry. The floors look whiter.
  6. CUSTOMER TIP #133
    from Maureen S. in Dayton, OH

I use the Libman Wonder Mop to clean my baseboards. Dip it in a solution of water and household vinegar (white), wring it out and swish it over baseboards. No bending over! Great on the back!
  7. CUSTOMER TIP #134
    from Amy P. in Middleton, TN

To keep a new kitchen floor clean and shining like new for years, don’t use water or floor cleaners. Instead, use a spray bottle of a window cleaner (grease fighting works best) and a Libman mop to mop your floor. Some stubborn spots may require floor scrubbing (try the brush of the Nitty Gritty Roller Mop). My grandmother’s floor stayed shiny and looking new for almost 10 years cleaning them only this way.
  8. CUSTOMER TIP #135
    from Bonnie B. in Clarksville, TN

I have dark colored ceramic tile on my kitchen floor. To prevent a white film from developing each time I mop, I use two parts hot water to one part white vinegar. I mop with my Libman Gator Mop and no more white film.
  9. CUSTOMER TIP #136
    from Danielle G. in Lockport, NY

To make my kitchen floor look freshly washed everyday, I put some Mop ‘N Glow in a spray bottle, add a little water and spray away. I don’t spray too much, just enough to make it shine, so that it dries fast. The shine stays all day. I only have to scrub my kitchen floor once a month (I have white tile flooring)! All I have to do is run a wet mop over it once or twice a week because the cleaner is already on the floor! Quick and easy!
  10. CUSTOMER TIP #137
    from Penny Y. in Benton, KY

A little dab of shaving cream makes a good spot cleaner for carpets.
  11. CUSTOMER TIP #138
    from Kristine S. in Faribault, MN

To spot clean carpets, use a solution of one part vinegar to one part water. This will safely remove spots without removing the stain protectant in the carpet like commercial cleaners do. It even works well on wine and juice stains.
  12. CUSTOMER TIP #140
    from Sherri G. in Auburn, AL

When mopping, use two water containers - one for soapy washing water and the other for rinse water. Otherwise, you continually put dirt back onto your floor each time you go back for more water.
  13. CUSTOMER TIP #142
    from Mike P. in Edwardsville, IL

To remove tar from vinyl floors, rub some peanut butter on the spot. The peanut butter will dissolve the tar.
  14. CUSTOMER TIP #143
    from Lee T. in Chrisney, IN

A couple capfuls of fabric softener to a gallon of warm water will make your no wax floors shine again.
  15. CUSTOMER TIP #144
    from Madeline C. in McAlisterville, PA

To get pet hair out of carpet, spray on some diluted liquid fabric softener. Let dry, then vacuum. Also dampen mop with same for hard surfaces and hair cleans right up as it loses its electricity.
  16. CUSTOMER TIP #138
    from Kristine S. in Faribault, MN

To spot clean carpets, use a solution of one part vinegar to one part water. This will safely remove spots without removing the stain protectant in the carpet like commercial cleaners do. It even works well on wine and juice stains.
  17. CUSTOMER TIP #140
    from Sherri G. in Auburn, AL

When mopping, use two water containers - one for soapy washing water and the other for rinse water. Otherwise, you continually put dirt back onto your floor each time you go back for more water.
  18. CUSTOMER TIP #142
    from Mike P. in Edwardsville, IL

To remove tar from vinyl floors, rub some peanut butter on the spot. The peanut butter will dissolve the tar.
  19. CUSTOMER TIP #143
    from Lee T. in Chrisney, IN

A couple capfuls of fabric softener to a gallon of warm water will make your no wax floors shine again.
  20. CUSTOMER TIP #144
    from Madeline C. in McAlisterville, PA

To get pet hair out of carpet, spray on some diluted liquid fabric softener. Let dry, then vacuum. Also dampen mop with same for hard surfaces and hair cleans right up as it loses its electricity.