How has initiating chores in your household affected your children’s behavior?

Discussion in 'Family Chat' started by Libman, May 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Q5. How has initiating chores in your household affected your children’s behavior inside and outside of the home?

Share your thoughts in the comments below for your chance to win our Power Scrub Kitchen Prize Pack, including the Power Scrub Dots Kitchen Cloth, Vegetable Brush and Glass/Dish Sponge.

2. cmlgill

cmlgill Member

Oh they whine but it actually helps them understand that you have to work for good things. That they are a vital role to running a great household and that what they do matters.

Libman likes this.
  3. Tiffany Dover

Tiffany Dover Member

They listen much better! Much more polite! Always want to help clean up etc when we're at a friends house! We don't have to ask them to do as much because they do it on their own!

Amanda and Libman like this.
  4. Ashley

Ashley Member

It makes them become more responsible!

5. Regal Pepper

Regal Pepper Member

Sometimes things get put away without me asking.

6. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A5- Chores definitely has been positive on their behavior. They know that these things need to be done and is a regular routine for them #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda likes this.
  7. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

"i WOULD like to think that it has installed some kind of value in him....due to him working towards an allowance or "fun time"...i think he appreciates doing chores more.

Libman likes this.
  8. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Initiating chores in my household has greatly impact the children's behavior outside of the home because they are more responsible. They know every action has a reaction. At home they pick up after themselves and cause less of a mess (because they know they'll only end up having to clean it later!)

9. a5 they tell others how they help! I think they will have a positive influence on others!

cmlgill likes this.
  10. Chores bring a sense of self worth and at the same time bring discipline. What they learn at an early age will stay with them into adulthood (things like responsibility)

cmlgill and Amanda like this.
  11. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

I have noticed they try harder to keep things picked up especially in the family room which is awesome! They are pretty good about picking up toys at friend's homes before we leave, but sometimes they still need to be reminded to help out.

cmlgill likes this.
  12. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

My son seems to be proud and have a sense of responsibility....okay, honestly? He hates doing his chores, he rather play Nintendo and I don't blame him, chores are no fun! I do believe that it does help him learn about being responsible. At least I hope so!

Libman likes this.
  13. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

A5: When my son goes to other kids' houses to play, he always helps clean up the toys. I think starting him early has made him really respectful, and polite, too #CleaningAsAFamily

cmlgill and Libman like this.
  14. well they would complain but then figured out they could complain but they still had to do it.lol

15. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Great answers everyone!

16. that's great, I think if older kids initiate it, then the little ones will follow

Amanda likes this.
  17. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

Reminds me of my childhood bahahaha #CleaningAsAFamily

18. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

Responsiblility given to a child starts from inside a home, so that they can be productive and responsible outside of a home. Being conscious of their own responsibility gives pride and sense of accomplishment! #CleaningAsAFamily

19. it was mine that's for sure and now mine do the same to me lol

20. Libman

Libman Administrator

Congratulations, Rose Lew! You were randomly selected as the winner of our Q5 prize pack. We will send you an email shortly to get your mailing address.

Q6 has been posted!

rose lew and Angela Hendricks like this.