How do you make cleaning fun for the entire family?

Discussion in 'Family Chat' started by Libman, May 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Q7. How do you make cleaning fun for the entire family? Do you turn chores into games or leverage competition among family members?

Share your ideas in the comments below for your chance to win our Multi-Purpose Living Room Prize Pack, including the Microfiber Duster, Window Squeegee and Every Surface Microfiber Cloth Pack.

2. we dance around while cleaning , listen to the radio and sing along. Might not sound good but we have fun

Amanda likes this.
  3. Tiffany Dover

Tiffany Dover Member

We love to listen to music and sing along while dancing and cleaning! So much fun for the kids!

Amanda likes this.
  4. Regal Pepper

Regal Pepper Member

Move, move it with music!

Amanda and cmlgill like this.
  5. Ashley

Ashley Member

I try to or use music :)

Erin Fesperman, Amanda and cmlgill like this.
  6. cmlgill

cmlgill Member

We LOVE doing a dance party during family chores. I'll even take one minute to crank it up and just dance crazy. The laughter lighten the mood and helps keep good attitudes throughout the jobs.

Amanda likes this.
  7. q7 we do it together

8. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

Q7: i like to put on the music that he likes to get us in a dancing and productive mood.... lol

Avis Tucker likes this.
  9. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

We try to make it a competition! See who can finish their chores first and they get to pick a prize! Something like they get to chose the cartoon we watch before bedtime. #CleaningAsAFamily

cmlgill likes this.
  10. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A7- That sounds like fun, but no we don't make it a competition #CleaningAsAFamily

tiffany cheung likes this.
  11. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Totally, when you make chores fun - well, it makes it less of a chore! Sometimes we even have cleaning parties to see who can clean up the fastest (usually this is right before a major family get together at our home). Usually the person who cleans the fastest gets to pick their favorite restaurant to go to for dinner. It's nothing big, but still makes it fun and exciting! :) #CleaningAsAFamily is most certainly fun.

Amanda and tiffany cheung like this.
  12. a7 use music, and reward ourselves afterwards. Usually teamwork for the win! Lately we pick dd's favorite books and we read them or do a board game :)

13. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

I grew up in a HH of 8, so we had to make it fun. Luckily, I like cleaning, so I enjoyed it. Ususally boys against the girls seemed befitting. Even today, I challennge my son with a good cleaning race! =) #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda likes this.
  14. cmlgill

cmlgill Member

For my boys, we usually turn it into a competition- who can put their clothes away faster- who will be done with the bed first and correctly? It usually against Mom and Dad so there aren't any hard feelings with siblings. It doesn't work with my girls but the boys love it.

Amanda likes this.
  15. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

We usually throw on some music with a good beat. Then dance and clean together. Helps the time fly by and we actually get more done.

16. With Libman, cleaning is made fun! Rewards are a must, hard work means lots of play!

Amanda likes this.
  17. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

A7: My hubby and I compete (I always win hehehe), with my kids, we turn the music up and dance! #CleaningAsAFamily

Amanda and cmlgill like this.
  18. I love that you make a friendly competition game out of it!! Im going to start doing this when I clean!

Libman likes this.
  19. Libman

Libman Administrator

Noticing a lot of music / dance party responses. What songs or genres are your favorite to clean to?

Scrappiedoodle and Avis Tucker like this.
  20. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

I never said it was friendly.... KIDDING! ;) #CleaningAsAFamily

robin mcdowell and Amanda like this.