How do you deal with tantrums and pushback from your children?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Libman, May 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Q8. How do you deal with tantrums and pushback from your children?

Share your answer in the comments below for your chance to win our Freedom Spray Mop Prize Pack, including the Freedom® Spray Mop, Freedom Hardwood Cleaner and Freedom Multi-Surface Cleaner.

Avis Tucker and AngelaNicole like this.
  2. Regal Pepper

Regal Pepper Member

Time outs for reflection and lost privileges.

3. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

Usually, we pull them aside and give them a time out. It's important for them to realize it's not right and they can't get away scott free. Everyone has to do their chores. #CleaningAsAFamily

4. I get to eye level with them and tell them in a normal voice that the behavior is not allowed and if it continues them something will be taken away for a few days. In my 17 year olds case her phone lol

5. cmlgill

cmlgill Member

I restate what is expected of them and the consequences or rewards of what will happen afterwards. Then I ignore them. I don't put up with the whining, just go on with my business.

6. Ashley

Ashley Member

I tell them that it's not okay, but also try not to react if necessary. I have a lot of patience too.

7. Tiffany Dover

Tiffany Dover Member

Sometimes I have to step away and let their daddy or grandma or grandpa deal with them. It can be tough and stressful at times.

Erin Fesperman likes this.
  8. Take away the power cords to the game consoles, tablets and phones!

Libman and Amanda like this.
  9. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A8- Relax, this will happen when they are trying to disagree with what is happening. Take a time out an reevaluate to see their point of view #CleaningAsAFamily

tiffany cheung and Libman like this.
  10. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

Well usually I tell them to make a good decision, and that if they do they will not be consequences like no TV. Sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't... lol

11. Thats a good idea, sometimes it's best to step away and let dad take over.

Amanda and Tiffany Dover like this.
  12. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

q8 "i tried and put his "mind" on something that i KNOW will trump something he is crying over :) "

13. a8 time out and they go their room to reflect on what they've done

14. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

A8: Honestly, I completely ignore it LOL As long as they aren't hurting themselves. It has worked wonders so far, if they don't get the negative attention they're looking for, they give up LOL #CleaningAsAFamily

robin mcdowell likes this.
  15. I like that, and always hear out both sides of the story.

16. Tiffany Dover

Tiffany Dover Member

I do it more often lately. They seem to listen to him much better then me anyways lol

tiffany cheung likes this.
  17. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

Good point! #CleaningAsAFamily

18. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

If my son starts having a tantrum, we have a chill out corner that he has to go sit in until he calms down. We started it when he was two and now he is six. Works great!

19. I had to do that because my throat hurt from yelling at them all day, lol

20. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

I can honestly say... tantrums never was an occurence. The "push back" syndrome really wasn't a factor either. I just got that "NO" comment from my son A LOT. Children try us.... but mommy doesn't do tantrums LOL! #nipthatinthebudquick! =) #CleaningAsAFamily

21. Libman

Libman Administrator

Using it to manage media

Congratulations, Erin! You were randomly selected as the winner of our Q8 prize pack. We will send you an email shortly to get your mailing address.

Q9 has been posted!