Do you have a fun or creative way to assign chores to each member of the family?

Discussion in 'Family Chat' started by Libman, May 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Libman

Libman Administrator

Q3. Do you have a fun or creative way to assign chores to each member of the family?

Share your idea in the comments below for your chance to win our Premium Bathroom Prize Pack, including the Premium Bowl Brush & Caddy, Premium Plunger & Caddy and Big Scrub Brush.

Avis Tucker and AngelaNicole like this.
  2. Angela Hendricks

Angela Hendricks Well-Known Member

I write a list of the chores down that I need help with. I let my 6 year old pick out the ones that he wants to do. That way its not like I'm being totally mean, at least he gets a choice of the ones he wants to do
    #CleaningAsAFamily

3. cmlgill

cmlgill Member

Everyone has a personal daily chore that impacts the whole family. This way they see that each person's part matters. Then we do family chores so they also see the value of teamwork.

Amanda likes this.
  4. Ashley

Ashley Member

At the moment we don't! But would love to hear suggestions!

Amanda likes this.
  5. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

We spilt chores into two colors - one for daily task and another color for weekly tasks. Every week each member gets to pick one of each color and to make it fair we rotate who gets to choose first. It's all about making it fair for everyone and eliminates any arguments! #CleaningAsAFamily

Libman, Amanda and rose lew like this.
  6. rose lew

rose lew Active Member

A3- Everyone is assign to their usual job, dusting,pickup up toys and drying the dishes. No surprises so everyone knows what to do #CleaningAsAFamily

7. Regal Pepper

Regal Pepper Member

Chore assignment charts are awesome!

8. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

Right now I am working trying to find a system that works to keep them involved without whining. lol Usually my daughter does the tougher jobs since she's older like vacuuming or unloading the dishwasher and my son will clean the mirrors and wipe off tables. I am loving some of the other ideas listed on here though!

9. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

A3: My daughter (2) helps me with the little stuff, and she loves animals, so she's the pet feeder.. my son is strange, he actually LIKES to clean LOL so he is the sweeper and toy picker-upper #CleaningAsAFamily

Attached Files:

Libman likes this.
  10. Libman

Libman Administrator

That's a great idea. Can make children feel empowered and a part of the process.

itsbecslife likes this.
  11. we used to put each chore on a little piece of paper and fold them up and mix them up and let them draw the chore

12. Amanda

Amanda Libman Family Blogger

What a cool idea! Love this!

itsbecslife likes this.
  13. AngelaNicole

AngelaNicole Member

Q3 "yes" lol i have my child laughing because i do the other chores such as laundry, moving furniture, taking out the pets, and "act" as if i'm so drained and it was SO hard lol he cracks me up with his laughter.

14. Libman

Libman Administrator

It's fantastic that they get to help with the responsibilities that they both enjoy rather than it feeling like a punishment. What kind of pets do you have?

15. itsbecslife

itsbecslife Well-Known Member

It helps keep things interesting too! :)

Amanda likes this.
  16. Chores assignments are a great idea! It really depends on the age. Pinterest is a great source for age appropriate chore charts!

17. I love this!

18. Avis Tucker

Avis Tucker Well-Known Member

Cleaning should always be fun---even though it's "work". I say put on some music, set a time limit for each task/child, and let the kids know---the sooner they are done, the sooner they can go really have some 'fun. Afterall, cleaning doesn't have to take forever! #CleaningAsAFamily

19. Scrappiedoodle

Scrappiedoodle Active Member

Absolutely! LOVE Pinterest! #CleaningAsAFamily

20. Tiffany Dover

Tiffany Dover Member

We have a cool shaped chalk board. Chores change weekly so we all get a chance to do each chore and switch it up! We use different colored chalk for each of us!