5 Tips To Keep Your House Clean When You Have Pets

Discussion in 'Libman Chat' started by Marla Zickefoose, Jun 1, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Marla Zickefoose

Marla Zickefoose Libman Family Blogger

A man's best friend provides unconditional love, companionship, and over time a dirty house. While the benefits of pets greatly outweigh the negatives, you need a plan to keep your house clean.

5 Tips To Keep Your House Clean When You Have Pets
    1. Select a schedule to consistently keep up with pet hair based on the season, and shedding of your animals. With my chocolate lab, it was necessary to sweep daily to keep all the pet hair off the floor. Pet hair that doesn't get swept up often collects in your furnace filter. Clean or change the filter monthly!

2. Keep a Libman bucket filled with water and towel by the door. Wipe your pets feet each time they enter the house to reduce dirt and debris. The Libman Wonder Mop is an efficient way to keep floors clean.

3. Pets love to get hugs or brush up against your black dress pants, when your dressed fancy to attend a nice dinner or business meeting. The Libman Lint Roller will keep your clothes free of pet hair so your presentable to the world! Acquaintances won't even realize you have pets at home.

4. Mold spores can be very dangerous to humans and pets. Keep a Libman Dish Brush specially designated to regularly clean your pets feeding dishes to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.

5. Schedule regular grooming appointments for your pets. Need to save money? Brush your pets fur daily to drastically cut down on the amount of pet dander and fur in your home!

Libman has launched Cleaningasafamily.com, to inspire families to clean together! Get your kids involved in caring for their pets and cleaning the house! Do you have household cleaning questions in regards to run your household as efficient as possible?

sharon graefe, Libman and gcook like this.
  2. sharon graefe

sharon graefe New Member

Jake my dog loves to shed year round. I vacumn daily and wash his blanket at least 3 times a week. For kitchen are area I always have my Libman Wonder Mop ready to wripe up water after Jake gets a drink

gcook likes this.
  3. The smaller the pet the easier to keep the house clean. Beyond that having a designated area to eat; placing bowls on a large placemat or rug that can be wiped down, vacuumed or picked up to be shaken outside. We vacuum every evening. Folks think this is nutty but we also wipe paws and anything else that needs it with baby wipes after every walk. We also bathe our dog once a week. It can't hurt.